Coming Soon!

  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt 2

Friday, October 19, 2007

Too Many Damn Movies!

After a September where I found myself going to the movies out of pure habit instead of an actual desire to see any of the films showing, the tables have now turned where there are a ton of movies I want to get around to---but no time to see them!

While I have made plans to see the promisingly psychedelic Across the Universe tonight, there are still a handful of films I’ll have to catch before they disappear from my local cineplex (which in a world where Saw IV will more than likely take up multiple screens is a very small window.)

I’ll have to pull a Hermione Granger if I want to catch comic book adaptation 30 Days of Night, well-reviewed box-office underperformer Micheal Clayton, political thriller Rendition, early Oscar favorite Into the Wild, poorly-reviewed-but-I-want-to-see-it-anyway-sequel Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and the buzzworthy Affleckfest Gone Baby Gone before they’re replaced with Jigsaw’s latest masterpiece(s) (If that tagline gets used for Saw V, I’ll sue) and the generic looking Steve Carell Is In A Movie (oops, I mean Dan in Real Life).

Not to mention that I’m still hoping that Sleuth, The Darjeeling Limited, and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford still make it into the area.

Also, November brings it’s own onslaught of intriguing looking (if not guilty pleasure teasing) films: American Gangster, Bee Movie, Lions for Lambs, No Country for Old Men, Southland Tales, Beowulf, Love in the Time of Cholera, Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium, Margot at the Wedding, Enchanted, Hitman (yeah, I’ll probably go to those two), The Mist, I’m Not There, and Teeth. If you want to see a premise that’s due to send shivers down your spine check out that last one.

It’s certainly an exciting time to be a movie-goer: for your eyes and ears, if not your wallet.

No comments: